Florida Truck Accident Attorneys
Where you injured in a truck accident? Contact a truck accident lawyer at The Trucking Lawyers now for a free consultation.
Commercial motor vehicles are very common throughout the state of Florida. In fact, Florida has one of the highest rates of accidents involving commercial trucks due to the fact that there are such an abundance of them. Florida currently holds the #3 positions for the most fatal truck accidents in the nation. In Florida, there are close to 11 truck accidents every single day. Because trucks are so large, these accidents often lead to serious injury or death.
The Trucking Lawyers practice law primarily to get justice for victims of serious truck accidents throughout the nation. We have handled cases in nearly every state and we have a lot of knowledge and experience settling cases in the state of Florida. Because of this, we have confidence that we can get you the compensation you deserve.
Florida Truck Accident Statistics
- According to the Florida Department of Transportation, there were a total of 43,910 commercial motor vehicle crashes in 2017. Of these, around 32,000 involved large semi-trucks.
- Along with this, there were a reported 27 fatalities, 57 severely injured, and over 1,000 other injuries sustained from these truck accidents.
- A majority of these accidents happened in the more urban areas of Florida. These areas include Miami, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Daytona, For Lauderdale, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, and St. Petersburg.
- The most dangerous roads that are high in truck accidents are I-75, I-95, I-10, and along the Florida Turnpike on State Road 91.
Trucking Laws in Florida
Florida commercial motor vehicle manual lists all laws that truck drivers and companies are responsible for following including size and load limits, safety rules, and required permits. It states that the basic requirements for operating in Florida are as follows:
- A valid and current tag registration;
- Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles fuel decal if the vehicle combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight or if the power unit has three or more axles, regardless of weight, and if operating interstate;
- Correct size and weight;
- All parts and equipment in safe working condition; and
- Display a valid Florida or USDOT number.
If you were injured in a truck accident, the truck driver or trucking company may be help liable for damages based on these laws and regulations. Determining the cause of a truck accident and proving negligence is hard to do and requires a lot of work. It is important to make sure you hire an attorney who has experience gathering evidence and documentation through investigation of the crash and can help build your case up against the liable party.
The Trucking Lawyers are experience attorneys who focus exclusively on trucking accident cases throughout the US. With our help, you will not have to worry about what laws have been broken, who the liable party is, or what type of liability claim to file your case under. We make sure we get involved right away so that we can make sure we do everything in our power to help you receive full compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Florida Truck Accident Lawsuit
Truck accidents often result in high economic costs and trucking companies will do everything in their power to minimize the settlement amount that they owe. Because of this, they have high representation of aggressive lawyers that they will bring into the situation immediately. If an accident occurs, they will most likely have a successful lawyer on the scene of the accident that day.
These types of cases can be very complicated and involve multiple factors. This is why it is important to hire experienced legal representation right away. The Trucking Lawyers have handled cases throughout the nation and we have the knowledge and tools to help you get the settlement you deserve. We will be ready to help right away and make sure we gather all information needed to build your case up as much as possible to get the largest settlement possible for your damages.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident with a large semi-truck, please make sure to contact an experienced Florida truck accident lawyer at The Trucking Lawyers as soon as possible so that we can do everything in our power to assist with your case.
Previous Lawsuits Settled by The Trucking Lawyers
The Trucking Lawyers are specially trained and experience in knowing all of the parts that go into truck accident lawsuits. The work we do involves investigating, developing cases, and negotiating settlement or going to trial for verdict. Our team has proven that we have the tools and power to win cases consisting of multi-million dollar results that our clients deserve.
- $17 Million settlement for trucking accident resulting in wrongful death of 3 people.
- $13.5 Million settlement for trucking accident resulting in catastrophic injury and permanent disability.
- $2.5 Million settlement for speeding semi-tractor crash resulting in traumatic brain injury to passenger in utero.
- $2.25 Million settlement for trucking accident resulting in wrongful death of one and traumatic brain injury and other serious injury to others.
- $2.05 Million settlement for wrongful death due to trucking accident
Click Here to see more of our past settlements and verdicts and for verification of our experience, knowledge, and success.
Contact a Florida Trucking Lawyer Today
Truck accidents are extremely dangerous and often lead to serious and permanent injury or even death. These injuries often lead to a lot of costs for the victims through medical treatment. It is important to hire a knowledgeable and experienced Florida truck accident lawyer to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
These cases are often complex and require experienced legal representation from the beginning. If you or a loved one have been involved in a trucking accident, please contact The Trucking Lawyers right away to discuss your rights and to file a claim for damages against the person who may be help liable for your pain and suffering. We offer free legal advice and consultation.
What Our Clients Say:
“Brian and I want to thank you again for taking on our case and for all your help. We appreciate all the time Kathleen and you put in on it. You both were so helpful and reassuring.” – Brian and Beverly Schwandt